Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum > Live-Courses.com Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Module 8 question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoOnSaNd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Module 8 question
    Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 3:51pm
This is probably a really silly question sorry

After you have moved your session clips into an arrangement in arrangement view. Then going back to session view to add EQ and filters etc will that still change the sounds in your arrangement, or do you have to make the arrangement again after modifiying the clips?

Also.
Can you turn effects on/off in arrangemnet. For example the Chopper effect on the piano clip. Can i play 2 sections of the piano one with and one without the effect from the same track, or do i need to copy paste piano into a new track but remove the effect?  Maybe this sort of stuff is covered in the advanced course and im getting way ahead of myself, if it is ill shut up and wait for that lesson lol LOL

morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 5:17pm
hi moon sand...

ill be able to help a little bit on this....... you can add a new device at any point whilst working in session and arrangement view... this will effect what is in arrangement... and what ever tweeks you make on the EQ or filter ... will remain a set value throughout... if that is only what you want to add to your mix
to apply certain effects at given point in the track is called overdub... which requires the knowledge of automation....
which is covered later in the course.... so you will know how to make changes to effects in arrangement or whilst live recording using macros to control effects as you play..

so the answer to your question about the piano being played wet or dry on the same track will be a YES you can do all this from 1 track... and other ways of doing this is covered when you learn about clip envelopes
MoOnSaNd View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoOnSaNd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 6:55pm
Thank you so much, that is the answer i was hoping for Big smile

I just get so many ideas flying around my head while doing these course sessions and messing about. The only limit i guess would be my imagination, i just need the knowledge to make it happen.

Im really enjoying it so far and cant wait to get deeper into it Thumbs Up
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 8:22pm
by the way no question is a silly question....if you are unsure about something...
i find some of the questions i ask are far more advanced than where im actually at... like some how i know exactly what i need to do  but dont have all the answers yet...(if that makes any sense)

yeah it is very involving...im on the advanced course now ... but keep going back to the beginners and picking up new point all the time....

in addition to your question... about turning devices on / off in arrangement view...you can click anywhere on the track and it will bring up all the devices on the track so you can switch it on or off or turn dials.... but like i said there are a few other tricks to make what you want to do alot easier...

have funSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic