Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum > Live-Courses.com Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

live sets problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blujazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: live sets problem
    Posted: 13 May 2012 at 6:44pm
When I try to open recently played sets they are all greyed out. Have I managed to erase all my sets? I'm enjoying the course.... a question.... is there a form I can get when I've completed a course so I can get inservice credit for it..... I'm a band director and I have to pick up summer inservice hours and I'd like to be able to use live courses?
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:00pm
hey blujazz....

what has happened it you have either...

saved this file to a different folder ableton reads from...
or if all of them are greyed out the folder has recently been moved...

just go to your windows start menu and type in
ableton and the name of the most recent session you saved as... and it should show you a list of everything on your computer.
and hopefully you can locate and retieve all your work

hope this help

Dave
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 11:43am
Hey Bruce,

What is it that's greyed out? Tracks in your arrangement or the clips (audio samples) in your session? If it's the arrangement, then you can simply hit the 'back to arrangement' switch on the transport (between the overdub switch and the quantization menu). This forces all tracks to play from the arrangement as they can be played from either the arrangement or session view.

If it's your samples that are greyed out then it means you've moved or deleted them from your computer. If this is the case then you should see a strip along the bottom of Live saying 'samples are missing - click to learn more', after which you'll get the side window opening, where you can navigate to your samples if you know where they are..... the safest thing to do when saving a session is to choose 'Collect all and Save' from the File menu, which will copy all of the samples you're using into the Live Project folder, so you know exactly where they are.

As for the in-service form, I'm not sure what that is exactly! I can ask my colleagues about it, but it's perhaps more a case of you getting a form your end and then sending to us for signing to acknowledge the time you've spent...?

Cheers,

r
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic