Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum > Live-Courses.com Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

preset name doesn't change Ableton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teekan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: preset name doesn't change Ableton
    Posted: 03 May 2012 at 7:46am
Hello, I'm going through lesson 6 right now and using the lesson pack provided for the chapter to follow along, and I see that for instance from the EQ Eight effect, selecting the Gentle Vintage preset over to a clip, it still says EQ Eight even though it is in fact Gentle Vintage.  

Can someone tell me why this is and how to change it over to what it really is instead of the main Effect Name. Thanks!

UPDATE:  hah just found out after I wrote this.  Show preset name needs to be checked :)

There must be a way to have this locked, because I seen when Rob was switching to different presets the names would change. I seem to have to keep going to right click and check this everytime I add a preset with a name.  Hope there's a way to just have this option locked, it would bring less confusion.   Thanks
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:10am
I hadn't noticed that had changed! I just loaded up some effects and get the same thing! I need to select 'Show Preset Name' in the context menu too! I can't see anything in the Preferences to select that makes this automatic.... I'll investigate though...

r
teekan View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teekan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:04pm
Thanks,  There must be a way to do it, since I seen it happen on the tutorial videos when you switched back and forth doing the hot swap for example.   Thanks and look forward to the answer.
teekan View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teekan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 10:24pm
it's been a few weeks now Rob, any word on this yet?
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 10:28pm
Hey Jon,

Still nothing! I'll ask my friends at Ableton and see if anyone knows.... this must have been changed in an update because it's the way both my machines work now.

r
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic