Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cant hear the sound from Ableton Live 8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lunatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cant hear the sound from Ableton Live 8
    Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 10:28pm

Hey guys

I recently started playing around with Ableton Live 8 (for my self).  I've tried looking around youtube to see if I missed anything and searching google for this issue. But I cant seem to find the answer for my issues.

My issue is that whenever I try to test a beat/sound nothing is playing from my spearkers.(of course speakers are working fine because I can listen to music via media player) Now I have checked the audio settings for output and input and I believe they are set correctly but I still cant hear the sound. I've been trying to figure this out for the last week and O cant. Its been making me angry for the last couple of days. (lol)

Can some one please share some knowledge on Ableton Live? I would greatly appreciate any ones help!! I can post few screenshots if you want.

Thank you.

Edit: Here is a screenshot... There is nothing in preview....

RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 11:11pm
The screenshot is showing grooves. These aren't audio files but are Live's groove files that contain timing and velocity information that can be applied to audio and MIDI in your session, literally by dragging and dropping onto clips...

I suggest you watch the sample module from the Beginners Course on our Ableton Live school, which will give you an overview of the software and some information for setting up. That might clarify a few things. Use the link below to check it out. Just sign up and then click on the sample module links on the Home screen of the member's area.

Live Courses

r
Lunatic View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lunatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 2:12am
Thanks for you reply but i dont think you fully understand my problem.

When ever I try to play a sound as a test or play anything, I dont hear anything. There is no sound coming from the application.
Monte32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monte32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 8:57am
Can you see the volume going up and down in the mixer ?

When you go to "options>preferences>audio   " Is your output setting set to your speakers/heaphones?

Lunatic View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lunatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:10am

yip I can see the volume is  going up and down...

and I believe my settings are set correctly ( I could be wrong). Here is a screenshot

I have tried all of them, except USB camera of course.

Thanks

Monte32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monte32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:56am
I could be wrong but I thought what you want to setup is the "audio output device" . The drop down box below that one in the screenshot.

This means what do you want the volume in Ableton to output to ie: Realtek HD or whatever.( your speakers/headphones)

In your screenshot they are all the input devices that produce audio.( like a microphone) They are devices that you can input into Ableton.

CHeers Andrew

Failing that i'm not sure...I have had problems on my old pc with realtek, could be setting somsewhere. But try all your output devices and let me know how you go.

RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 1:42pm
As Andrew says, you are showing us audio input selections, rather than audio output. I understood your problem, which is why I suggested you watch the sample module, which covers all of the basic stages of setting up, including getting sound out of Live. I'm sure the movie would clarify a lot of things for you...

r
Lunatic View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lunatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:57am
Big smile
Thanks guys!!! I can finally can hear the sound!! Damn I feel like a DJ already hahaha

Thanks again!!
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 11:35am
Dinastic View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dinastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 7:01pm
Guys i have the same problem . But something strange happen. When i go Preferences->Audio-> Test Tone i can hear the test tone from my speakers , but not the sounds from Ableton. Help 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic