Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum > Live-Courses.com Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my thoughts so far

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammesarmstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my thoughts so far
    Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 12:02am
im currently doin both courses and have seen all the beginner videos and a couple of the advanced,the beginners course is a good introduction to live but i already knew most of the stuff on there however i did pick up a few good tips that i did not know,my biggest issue with making music in general is i struggle to write riffs and melodys and the kick and bass relationship and getting what i do come up with work well together rather than just sounding like a load of random sound s thrown together,i know that once ive got know live inside out i will be better off for it,but can u offer me any advice about the things ive mention? thanks.
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 12:11pm
i carnt really give you any solid advice in answer to your question
but im sure your perseverance will pay off... even if your first complete track takes you a year then that is a massive achievement...
im not musically gifted infact i know very little about any thing other than i have rhythm and good at mixing beats...

there is no 1 way of doing things and thats were you become the creative artist...make sounds what you think sound good and thats your take on the relationship of kick and bass working together
start small... like a 16 intro with a 32 bar verse of something your familiar with and try to replicate it

i think you might be getting to lost in the whole fine tuning & mixdown of the trak cause it will eventually become a muddy mess

so try

making raw notes / sounds for each of your sections of your track... that way you will hear clearly the relationship between each instrument
only then do you start addin devices and sidechaining to actually get the sound you want from each instrument
and then once your happy with the sound
arrange it in arrangement view this will give it the structure you want

hope this is of some help

morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 7:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic