Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > General Producer and DJ Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Compression and EQ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 1:42pm
yeah, there are some compression and EQ courses on there already. I wouldn't mind making my own though too.....
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2012 at 2:33pm
best get Uber busy then Rob LOL

with that and with live 9 on its way & maybe some max for live .... and .... and ... and.... demand Ouch
tscoolberth View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tscoolberth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by RobJones RobJones wrote:

yeah, there are some compression and EQ courses on there already. I wouldn't mind making my own though too.....

I was hoping you'd sense that business opportunity.Clap

Another idea, a quick cheap course on the Live 9 as you get it sorted out. Sell it podcast style on Itunes.

http://soundcloud.com/dream-canal
http://www.myspace.com/573343446
http://www.reverbnation.com/dreamcanal
http://www.reverbnation.com/1028740#
edesk View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edesk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 12:54pm
EQ and compression that presents the boot drum its ability to stand out in a mix. starting with EQ, the best way to accentuate the lows and highs is to eliminate some low-mids. I'm a big believer in chopping as opposed to increasing EQ to accomplish a yearned effect.
Online Education System

maxamil View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 2:27am
Compression is very good to use. I have always had a problem with using compression to make my drums hit harder.
Check out my beats www.maxamillionbeats.com
www.facebook.com/maxamillionbeats
twitter.com/iammaxamillion
www.youtube.com/user/iammaxamillion
DJ Jayownass View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Jayownass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 11:47pm
Hi, I'm DJ JaYOwNAsS, bringing you music of the highest class! I'm a 22 years young DJ from Belgium tuning into many genres like: Hip Hop, Rap, R&B, House, Deep House, Electro, Dance, Trap, Dubstep, Drum 'n Bass, ...
I love music and I let my passion come into my mix'es and remix'es. Check me out! Play, Enjoy, Like, Share!

Contact me at: 
dj-jayownass@hotmail.com

Check me out at this websites
www.facebook.com/djjayownass
https://soundcloud.com/djjayownass

Thanks & greetzzz
DJ JaYOwNAsS
newboy83 View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newboy83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 1:57pm
can anybody explain the difference in a limiter and a compressor please?? i understand fully the principles in the original post but how does limiting differ to removing peaks through compression?? also could anybody briefly describe the benefits of using a maximiser with the limiter turned on over a compressor and when this would be used???

Thanks again
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 7:19pm
compression enhances the signal...  the threshold ....this is a controlled way of compressing the peaks... and the gain is to compensate the reduction in volume

a limiter is more of a safe guard against unexpected peaks...and should be a last resort turning this up... uneducated persons who use this use this to drive up the loudness of the sound and kill the bottom end of a mix and causes distortion in the all the frequencies... basically making your ears bleed
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 4:07pm
yes, a limiter is a compressor, just with a brick wall setting, e.g. the ratio set to max/infinity:1. So, the signal should never go over the threshold.

A maximiser isn't so black and white. There are lots of different maximisers and they all behave differently, despite having the same basic aim. Some apply a lot more harmonics to the sound, so they could be considered to be more like saturators in some ways, whereas others a essentially more like simply limiters. I think some may also be expanders, which is like a reverse compressor, so when the signal falls below a certain level, it's turned up. This way, the overall loudness is increased rather than decreased as with a compressor, which needs to be turned down afterwards - the end result is again quite similar though as it ends up with a flatter signal. So, basically it depends on the maximiser!
fundancekid View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fundancekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 5:00pm
are you  a top producer for fun or money think off starting myself not bragging pal but i know tech house like nobody else think i could take it a lot deeper dont know maybe already done either that or interested in making new sound or i might just make some big club bangers or i might hit the dancefloor again aint been clubbing 17 years would love to ride the 16 bubble again i dont think i am welcome in the scene anyway might just hav a crack at afew tunes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic