Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > General Producer and DJ Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Complete Beginner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adge2k11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Complete Beginner
    Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 6:14pm
Hi guys,

So a short background intro...I went to uni and studied media, cultural and popular music. As part of that course I completed a module in digital music production.

It was using logic pro. To be honest, I wasn't interested in learning anything at uni, my only objective was to finish the course! Needless to say I was introduced to production briefly.

I've began to think recently whether I should give it a shot again, even just for fun but I need to learn the ropes.

I'm thinking to do the ableton live course online, has anyone done it?

Do you think its possible for a beginner to follow it? Any general advice would be much appreciated

Thank you!
DJJackFlack View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJJackFlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 6:39pm
Yes it is very possible for a beginner to use it!! It's very user friendly. I myself am a beginner too and love it. I've learned so much from these videos!! Every time I'm away from my computer I can't wait to get back. You can do the courses at your own pace which makes it very convenient with your daily schedule. Rob Jones is very thorough and makes it easy for you to understand. If you ever get stumped or have any questions you can also email Rob Jones directly and he responds quickly. I recommend getting the beginner and advanced courses together, because I guarantee after you finish the beginners course, and see how easy it was to learn, your going to want to start tackling the advanced courses. You will learn everything their is to know about Ableton with these courses!!! 
Cheers from the Dallas Texas,USA!!!!!
waterdog73 View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterdog73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 4:10am
This is a fantastic course for a beginner. I completed the course but took a long break from music production. All I did was go back through the courses for a brief recap and now I'm right back on track.
simonSS View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 3:42pm
I am equally a beginner to Reason and having download the first course can't find my tutor! Clicking on the various files all I get are backing tracks and images - I'm quite at home with computers but not with On Line courses! What am I doing wrong or what do I have to do to get in touch with our man, Rob Lowe?

SimonSS

RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 10:45am
Hey Simon,

What are you having trouble with exactly? You need to login to the site and then click on COURSES in the members area, after which you can click on any of the movie links to watch each lesson. You can watch these lessons as and when you like, whilst following the written notes (the pdf links alongside the movies), and using the module sessions and other materials in the course pack downloads (also found on the main course page). Then, if you have any questions, you can email me or post up here and we'll address it....

Make sense?

Cheers,

r

p.s. Rob Lowe? I'm flattered!
simonSS View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 12:50pm
Hi Rob, thanks for reacting - will take a closer, less hasty look at everything when I'm home...
and if it "makes any sense" you'll always be Rob Lowe to me!
Simon
eric.brathwaite5678 View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric.brathwaite5678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2012 at 11:56pm
simonSS View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 8:30am
HI Rob, a quickie from Belgium
Have located the course videos and will be in touch - I'm not very IT so am bound to have some questions! later!

Thanks up till now, Mr LoweBig smile
Simon
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 10:19am
No worries Simon. Let me know when you need help with anything...

And... welcome to the Producertech community!

r
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic