Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Logic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Logic Pro 8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Logic Pro 8
    Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 5:39pm
Hi Rob,

I have just purchased the the Logic-Courses level 1 and 2 package and am really looking forward to getting stuck in. From my brief look at the first video module it looks great!
I am new to logic, i bought logic 8 a few years ago but am only now using it. i am wondering if logic 8 is suitable for this course, i believe it is €200 to upgrade to 9. that could buy alot of christmas presents!!!
look forward to hearing from you,
all the best.
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 7:03pm
Hey shug!

Welcome to Logic Courses! You'll be okay with 8 but won't be able to follow a few areas, namely flex time (probably the biggest deal) and comp editing (editing multiple takes simultaneously). However, most of the course is applicable to 8, so you'll be fine... it will almost certainly make you want to upgrade though, if just for flex time! There's no rush with the course though so if you upgrade at some point next year then you can always watch the modules again....

Cheers,

r
shug View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 9:59pm
Hi Rob,

thanks so much for the reply and confirming my suspicion that i'll be wanting 9!! i think i'll get started with 8 and see how i get on.
thanks again for the reply, no doubt i'll have more questions!
cheers,
shug
shug View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:05pm
Hi Rob,

firstly i have to say i am really enjoying the course. It's really well put together, is easy to follow and most of all enjoyable! so congratulations and thanks!!

i have a question for you please. So i was starting the course on logic8 and of course logic9 became available at the new price on the app store and i availed of it. my question is do you know are the samples and loops that come with 9 different to those that come with 8? so far i have just downloaded the program and am using the loops that came with version8 (from the dvds that came with logic studio). there is a lot of downloading with 9!
thanks Rob,
Shug.
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 12:48pm
I think you just get a few more samples and presets with 9 so it if you're using a lot of Logic's built-in sounds and settings then it is probably worth downloading them at some stage. As for exactly how many more you get though, I couldn't say I'm afraid!

I'm really glad you're enjoying the course!

r
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic