Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Logic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attack and Decay in UB?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attack and Decay in UB?
    Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 9:11pm
Hey Rob and co

Been taking a short break and haven't started the advanced vids yet so maybe this is covered then, however...

Could someone tell me how to adjust ADSR values in Ultrabeat?  Coming over from Ableton a while back this was easily done in the Impulse drum machine but i can't see the obvious in UB.  Now i'm guessing it's going to be far more complex as with everything in Logic!

I did see a short guide on a site somewhere saying you can achieve this when the sequencer option is enabled in UB, but i don't bother using that so if you can suggest an alternative please go ahead :)  I want to adjust the sound of an open hat i have by doing this method.

cheers
Matt
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2011 at 11:37pm
Hey Matt,

You just need to click on the sample you want to adjust in the assignment section running down the left side of the instrument, after which you can edit the controls to the right to make changes. The area you want to adjust is the amp envelope (envelope 4) in the bottom right corner. You can click and drag the handles on the graph to change the ADSR values......

Let me know how you get on!

r
drusif View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drusif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 8:22pm
sorry to butt in on ur thread matt but wanted to ask what u thought/how u got on with ableton? my mate also use's and swears its the best and very easy to use and thinks im crazy tryin to learn logic...whats ur views?
MattJay View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 8:49pm
no worries dru

it seemed ok for me, i used it for maybe 18 months or so.  felt like i was missing out on something so moved to logic.  i'll admit i probably didn't use ableton to it's full potential, a lot of people do wear by it.

i saw moving to logic more of a generic step as a lot more people in my scene use it so gathered i could pickup speed with my knowledge on it a lot faster.  think i'm going to start rewiring ableton from logic as the warping system in logic is too much hassle, even when using flextime.  but i would see it as a good learning curve to master the concepts but in honesty it's more of a live dj set application imo. 

one way you could treat logic as is, learning on one of the hardest should reap the biggest rewards (famous last words of course!)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic