Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Cubase Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to get Stylus rmx interface to come up cubase4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spanishguitar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get Stylus rmx interface to come up cubase4
    Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 6:17am

I using Cubase LE4..I installed my omnsisphere with no problems. But with Triology and Stylus RMX I am having problems installing and authorizing.

1) I logged into my Spectra account

2) I installed updates for Stylus Rmx & Trilogy

3) In my VST instruments in Cubase ....Omnisphere is in the pop up window and works fine

4) Stylus RMX & Trilogy do not show up in the window under VST where the omnisphere is.

5) Stylus RMX & Trilogy show up in the midi window under midi tracks

a) where the omnisphere comes up in VST instruments....

b) should they be in the same in VST instrument window section ?

6) But I can find Stylus RMX & Trilogy in my midi track popup window  and looks like this Stylus RMX (tascam 122midi)

7) with Trilogy saying the same thing

a) when you click on Stylus RMX it will say connected

b) then you click on Keyboard icon

c) then the Stylus RMX interface should show up so you can see the different sounds ( But not happening )

8) I updated Stylus RMX & Trilogy thru my user account

9) I can not get the challenge code or antyhing like that

Is this common problem Iam experiencing because I am using my new lap top instead of broken desktop.

Sincerely,
 Mark Styles

Youngs2ar View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Youngs2ar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:41pm
It should work fine the way you said it, but i'm not sure if Cubase LE is letting you use stereo output as you know stylus has 8 output maybe that's the problem, it work fine with me in ableton and cubase sx when i use to use SX3 

http://soundcloud.com/youngstar
htpp://youngstarq.com
meshack View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meshack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 12:22am
I am having the same problem getting Stylus to work.  However, I am using Cubase SX3.  RMX shows up in the vst instrument section of cubase.  However, when I click on it and it comes up in cubase I can not load an instrument or a bank.  What's more important is that I can not get the authorization page to show up.  According the the installation guide is suppose to show up the first time you open the program.  Is there another way to open the program to get this page.  I have already registrated my serial numbers for all three of my products i.e. atmosphere, stylus, and trology but can not get the authorization page to come up.
THe only thing I can think of that may be causing the problem is the following.  When I loaded the programs on the computer, pc,  I had to go to the hospital on a emergency before I could complete any authorization.  If I am correct that is a statement that we have only 24 hours after installation to do so. "I guesting before a security code or system kick-in in windows registrar to prevent the illegal use of the product."  Which is good provide we know how which file to remove to reinstall the program in a case where the program is a legitimate one.  Can some one help me with this problem.
I have contacted Spectrasonics over the pass three weeks.  I have only gotten an email saying that the codes which will allow me to authorize my program should show up on the authorization page the first  time I open the program.
The only way I know how to open up the program is through Cubase.  Is there another way to open the program?
I have resubmitted  my problem to Spectrasonics and havae been waiting on a response by telephone or email; but have yet to receive one.  Phone calls only get their voice mail.
I would greatly appreciate someone help.

Sincerely
Meshack.
scoobzcru View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobzcru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:14pm
Hi Meshack.

Before upgrading to Cubase 5, I had a similar problem to yours a few months ago.
With Cubase SX3, installation is a bit tricky, but try the following:

1. Download a free VST host program called SAVIHost (just Google it)
2. After your first RMX install, update to RMX 1.7
3. Authorize
4. Drag the SAVIHost icon to the Steinberg\Vstplugins folder where the Stylus RMX.dll file is
5. Click on it and rename it Stylus RMX.exe. This will get the authorization out of the
    way so that if you want to reinstall or update RMX you don't have to authorize again.

The above is what Spectrasonics support emailed me to do. It eventually worked after a few
trials and errors. It may take a while to get your head around, but it's worth a try.
Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic